There are so many types of weddings that navigating the social landmines of gift giving can be difficult. Here is a quick guide to show you what you should spend in certain nuptial scenarios from most money to least.
- Tier 1 – Best Friend’s Child
- Tier 2 – Child’s Best Friend
- Tier 3 – Any Wedding Where You’re Bringing a Date Who You Are Trying To Impress By Acting Like You Have More Money Than You Actually Do
- Tier 4 – Sibling Who You Get Along With
- Tier 5 – Friend Who Is Totally Broke
- Tier 6 – Friend*
- Tier 7 – Friend’s Sibling
- Tier 8 – Guy at Work Who You Don’t Really Consider a Friend But He Invites You Anyway
- Tier 9 – Friend Whose Parents Are Both Anesthesiologists
- Tier 10 – Sibling Who You Don’t Speak To
- Tier 11 – Renewing Vows
- Tier 12 – Derek…He Knows Why…
*Fifty bucks should be cool, right?